PARTICIPATION IN COMMISSIONS AND TECHNICAL WORKING GROUPS OF CANACERO
Value Chain Development
Logistics and Transport Safety
Promotion Steel Use
Tubing Technichal Group
Steel in figures
- Access to the monthly basis report of Steel Statistical Indicators with aggregate figures of production, trade balance and apparent domestic consumption. The data is grouped by product.
- Access to the historical series of the Steel Statistical Indicators .
- Access to the Foreign Trade and Production Information System (SICEP), where you can use it 24/7 and consult de import and export statistics of the national production.
- Access to the aggregated yearly documents with national and international steel statistical information:
- Access to specialized reports sent periodically with the main indicators of interest to the sector through graphics.
- Access to forecasts of apparent national consumption where the behavior of liquid steel, flat and long products is projected in 3 scenarios (high, medium and low). The econometric model is strengthened with contributions from the members of the Planning Commission.
- Access to presentations from consultancies such as Oxford Economics where national and international indicators are exposed and how they affect the economic expectations of Mexico.
- o 10 Years of Steel Basic Aggregate Statistics.
- o Steel Industry Statistical Year-Book
- o Mexican Steel Industry Map
- o Statistical file of the Steel Sector
- Active participation with the positioning of the Mexican steel sector in commercial negotiations.
- Relationship of the steel sector with AISI, EUROFER, WORLDSTEEL, ALACERO and CSPA.
- Cooperation and participation with the International Commercial Practices Unit (UPCI) within the framework of the law, for the presentation and resolution of cases of the steel industry.
- Attention to the consultation system of the Ministry of Economy, of permits for the importation of steel products, through the mechanism of Rule 8.
- Support in the preparation of certificates of origin for the export of steel products.
- Permanent participation in events on national and international issues related to foreign trade taught by authorities in the field (Congresses, Symposia, Seminars, Conferences, etc.).
- Institutional representation and strengthening of ties before SAT authorities.
- Participation in training courses in the main customs.
- Update on issues of customs regulations applicable to the steel industry (automatic notices, sectorial register, etc.).
- Institutional representation before authorities of the three levels of the government.
- Institutional representation before private domestic and/or international agencies.
- Adherence to conventions and agreements celebrated by CANACERO.
- Support, advise, and information on legal topics related to the steel industry.
- Access to the Chamber's communication mechanisms with the local and federal security authorities.
- Monitoring legislative activity to send updated information on the most relevant topics.
- Liaison with federal legislators and Congress Commissions.
- Access to analyses of legal instruments and their implications for the steel sector.
National Standards Body.
Engagement in the Standardization Advisory Committees to develop or modify Mexican Official Standards.
Access to NMX standards developed by CANACERO.
Institutional representation for the development and follow-up of Mexican Official Standards (NOM) in themes related to the steel sector.
Information related to conformity assessment:
Accredited test laboratories
Guidance on standardization:
- - Legal framework
- - Mexican standard types
- - Standardization and certification agencies
- Advice and support in the design and implementation of media campaign strategies.
- Access to Information summary reports with the most relevant specialized information on the steel industry in the media.
- Attention and referral of media information requests on the steel industry.
- Distribution of information to the media.
- Media crisis management advice and support.
- Distribution of CANACERO's Bulletin “Lecturas” with information and analysis of the global steel industry.
- Support to register at the Mexican Corporate Information System (SIEM) where companies can promote and identify new opportunities. (Applies for steel producing and processing companies)
- Attend environmental training and updating courses jointly organized with the authorities of the Annual Operating Certificate (COA).
- Attend to events, conferences and courses on steel sector topics.
- Participation in Steel Workshops and in Campaigns promoting the use of steel.
- Presence in our members website with company's logo, information and contact.
- Logistical support for events and availability of the Chamber's facilities for institutional events.